Packaging system for mail order
Gemini and Gemini S packaging systems
What are Gemini and Gemini S packaging systems?
They are newly developed automated packaging systems that automatically adjust the height of packages according to the merchandise. Rengo’s unique know-how based on many years of accumulated packaging technologies has provided ways to make mail-order distribution more efficient and to respond to environmental concerns.
- Packaging machinery automatically measures the size of the merchandise and produces a package of just the right height.
- The only materials needed are two types of corrugated sheet and wrapping film. This allows for the significant consolidation of materials.
- The elimination of empty space in the package increases transportation efficiency.
- Stabilizing shrink-wrapping film makes cushioning material unnecessary.
- The system can automatically package a variety of merchandise such as articles for daily use and books.
- The packages are easy to open for smooth handling of returns.
- The system is capable of processing one package every three seconds or 1,200 packages per hour.
The only items required are two types of corrugated sheet and wrapping film!
- The system adjusts to various sizes of merchandise, enabling the consolidation of materials. In addition, disassembly for disposal is also simple, which assists with paper recycling.
The package is easy to open and can therefore be resealed!
- With universal design in view, the package has been made easy to open. It is also easy to reseal, for when returns are made.
The system packages all kinds of merchandise!
- A variety of merchandise can be packaged automatically, adjusting to any height between 20 mm and 130 mm. Efficiency can be further increased if the system is combined with Delta Flute, originally developed by Rengo.
20~130 (50mm adjustable range)
The length and width of boxes are determined and fixed during the design stage.
Illustration of the packaging process
*The Gemini Packaging System consists of the Gemini packaging machinery and a shrink-wrapping machine