News Releases / 2012
September 13, 2012
Rengo to Exhibit at Tokyo Pack 2012
Rengo Co., Ltd. (Head Office: Kita-ku, Osaka; President & CEO: Kiyoshi Otsubo) announces that it will exhibit at the Tokyo International Packaging Exhibition 2012 (Tokyo Pack 2012) to be held at Tokyo Big Sight starting October 2. Under the theme of “General Packaging Industry (GPI)—Growing Beyond Packaging Through Continual Innovation,” Rengo will display the Rengo Group’s diverse packaging solutions, with a focus on exhibits of two new types of packaging machinery.
Main Exhibits at the Rengo Booth
I-Pack and Ultipack (packaging machinery for distribution centers)
- The innovative machinery makes it possible to handle combinations of a wide variety of products in corrugated boxes of a single size by automatically measuring heights. They reduce the amount of labor needed for managing materials, and can also be expected to decrease shipping costs by reducing volumes through the ability to adjust heights according to content.
Lightweight paperboard and corrugated packaging
- Rengo’s initiatives, as part of its “Less Weight, Less Carbon” project, for improving environmental friendliness through lightweight packaging using Less Caliper & Carbon (LCC) containerboard and functional corrugated packaging will be presented.
Retail sales proposal
- This exhibit will include various solutions for revitalizing the point of sale proposed by Rengo as a “General Packaging Industry” company, with a focus on “retail ready packaging,” including products such as folding cartons, flexible packaging, corrugated packaging, and sales promotional tools, to increase buying interest within retail stores and reduce display work.
Roll on Shrink Label
- These new beverage labels combine the advantages of roll-on and shrink labels.
Other products developed by Rengo including RAFEP, Gaiaphoton, and radiation shielding sheet
- The diverse range of products apart from packaging that Rengo has developed will be introduced. These include RAFEP, a remarkable new type of fire-retardant corrugated board, Gaiaphoton, a new luminescent phosphor that does not contain rare earth elements, and a radiation shielding sheet made from flexible, inexpensive resin to meet increasing needs for countermeasures against radiation.
- This exhibit focuses on the products of the Hung Hing Printing Group Limited, a new partner of Rengo’s and a major provider of printing and packaging products in South China. Visitors are bound to find new discoveries and hints to help increase sales and reduce costs.
Overview of Tokyo Pack 2012
Name Tokyo International Packaging Exhibition 2012 (Tokyo Pack 2012) Schedule October 2–5, 2012; 10 a.m.–5 p.m. Location
Tokyo Big Sight (Tokyo International Exhibition Center),
East Hall 3-11-1 Ariake, Koto-ku, Tokyo
Japan Packaging Institute
Asia’s largest international packaging show, held biennially since 1966
Rengo’s Exhibition Booth
Booth location East Hall 1, booth 1–28 Concept
Rengo–General Packaging Industry
Growing Beyond Packaging through Continual Innovation